Welcome to your course on Administering Standardised Tests
Thanks so much for choosing this course. It’s great to have you here! My name is Rebecca Good, and I am an educational psychologist and director of Education Elephant Ltd. This course (and all of the courses on the Education Elephant platform) are written by a team of psychologists, providing you access to high-quality, reliable, current and professional content.
At the end of each lesson, leave a comment, ask a question or even offer a piece of advice to others.
And to get to know you a little better – It would be super if you could fill in your details in the form below.
Very best wishes, and enjoy your learning!
Welcome to your online course Administering Standardised Tests
Course and Learning Objectives
The learning objectives for this course are laid out below and in the PDF document ‘Course and Learning Objectives’
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the purpose of testing and assessment
- Understand how testing is only a small component of assessment
- Distinguish between different types of tests and modes of assessment
- Understand how to use tests for formative and summative purposes
- Be able to confidently and accurately prepare for and administer a standardised test by following the British Psychological Society (BPS) best practice guidelines
- Be able to confidently and accurately score a range of standardised tests
- Be able to convert raw scores into standard scores
- Follow best practice with regard to security and maintenance of test records and personal data