Gain a professional qualification in educational psychometric testing and test interpretation – set by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Our Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) training course will develop your ability to use and interpret educational tests with students. Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) this course will take your assessment skills to the next level and provide you .
Led by psychology and education experts you will learn how and when to use standardised tests, how to administer and score them, the different kinds of tests on the market, how to select tests, how to interpret results and scores, bias and discrimination in testing, how to communicate results to parents and others, how to avoid bias and discrimination and how to write professional assessment reports on a course that will take your testing and assessment skills to the next level.
- You will become a Qualified Test User with an internationally recognised Test Use and Interpretation Certificate.
- You will have access to high-level intelligence and attainment tests (CL2R status code), e.g. WIAT III-T, Conners Rating Scales, WJ IV, WRIT,
- You will be eligible for membership in the BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU), an online searchable register of individuals competent at testing.
- Free online access to reviews of over 160 psychological/psychometric tests
- Eligible holders of a BPS Test User: Educational, Ability/Attainment (CCET) qualification may complete a relevant course to become a specialist assessor to progress and write reports for access arrangements in the UK
- Opportunity to refer to yourself professionally as a “BPS Registered Test User.”
- Quarterly editions of Assessment & Development Matters (ADM) are delivered to you and available online at the PTC website.
- Discounted rates on five Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) training courses
- Free e-Subscription to the British Psychological Society granting access to a range of benefit
Boost your professional credentials and CV
Become an accredited educational test assessor with the (BPS) British Psychological Society.
Interpret psychometric tests with competence and ease
Communicate test results confidently with parents and professionals
Get Started Now
Self-Paced and Online
Request Pricing and Information
The course starts at the very beginning and builds the participants’ skills and knowledge as they progress through the course. The topics covered in the course are:
– An introduction to testing and assessment
– Different kinds of assessment tools and methods
– How to Administer and Score Educational Tests
– Different scoring systems used in testing
– Understanding standard scores including t scores, percentiles, age equivalents, Stens and Stanines and more.
– Reliability and Validity in testing
– Test Standardisation
– Intelligence testing
– Bias and Discrimination in testing
– How to interpret score profiles and how to tell what’s important and what’s not
– Communicating test results to parents, professionals and clients
– Effective Report Writing
Meet the Instructors
Eirim is a busy psychology practice based in Dublin, Ireland (www.eirim.ie). Eirim’s team of clinical and educational psychologist have specialised in the area of assessment service (e.g. Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia) and training for over 15 years and are passionate about developing the skills of parents and professionals within the area.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CCET is an open course which means there are no pre-qualifications necessary for enrolment. However, it is highly recommended, although not necessary, that all delegates have experience working with students (e.g. teaching) and that they have some experience with tests and testing
The course starts as soon as you enrol. It is a completely self-paced online course so you work through the material at your won pace. You have 12 months to complete the assigned work and gain your qualification.
Yes – this course leads to a professional Certificate, awarded by the British Psychological Society (BPS) in standardised educational testing.
This course is relevant to anyone who works in education but particularly suited to special education teachers or anyone working within the educational setting administering or interpreting psychometric or academic tests. A teaching qualification is recommended but not essential.
Yes, you get immediate access to the course and the content. Within 48 hours, you will also be sent an email with your tutor details and details of where to upload your assessment work.
Yes. You can purchase the CCET and the WJIV Tests of Achievement as part of a value bundle and receive a 10% discount on your test. Please contact our sales team for more information and to avail of this offer.
Yes, you would have access to all materials upfront. We can extend the discount on the WJIV online training (50%) and the 10% on the WJIV UK Ireland achievement battery.
The CCET is a general qualification, and the skills taught can be transferred to many different assessment tools (attainment & intellectual ability). We cover a few tools on the online course, including the Woodcock-Johnson IV Tests of Achievement, the WRAT and the WIAT.
If you wish to qualify as an access arrangements assessor in the UK then you just complete the CCET and an additional module focused on access arrangements. Together these courses lead to the level 7 equivalent Educational Testing and Access Arrangements Certificate
Yes, you can receive your CCET certification once you have completed the CCET qualification part of the ETAAC.
Once completed, we will register you with the BPS Register of Qualified Test Users (RQTU). You must pay a small fee to go onto the register, payable to the BPS.
The CCET is widely recognised as a ‘must have’ qualification across Ireland, UK and internationally.
Yes. The CCET can be used to enable assessors conduct tests for the DARE scheme and RACE.
Level 7 Educational Testing and Access Arrangements Certificate
How to Order from Education Elephant
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3
Choose Your Products
Browse our selection of popular assessments and courses in our shop.
Create Your Account
Once you’ve chosen your product or products, enter your details and qualifications to create your account.
Purchase Your Products
After logging in with your approved account, you will be able to purchase products in our shop
*Please note that some tests have restrictions and can only be purchased by those that have suitable testing qualifications.
Education Elephant4 Tips to Manage ADHD in Your Classroom
The following shortlist illustrates specific ways to manage ADHD behaviour in school...
Education ElephantWhat is the Difference Between Dysprax...
Dyspraxia and Dysgraphia can cause similar or overlapping struggles with writing and fine...
Education ElephantIs the Spelling and Grammar Waiver Used...
A study led by Dr Kate James from Éirim: The National Assessment Agency suggests...
Education ElephantWhat Makes a Good Dyslexia Font?
My name is Bob Hext, and I am the Director of my family-run business of 30 years...
Sign Up Now & Receive:
- 5% OFF your first order with us
- Exclusive offers and promotions
- VIP access to new courses, webinars and products