Learning and Training / ETAAC
Level 7 Educational Testing and Access Arrangements Certificate (ETAAC)
Meet the JCQ criteria to become a specialist access arrangements assessor in the UK – accredited by OCN Credit4Learning.
The ETAAC is a professional qualification in specialist educational testing and access arrangements suitable for post-primary teachers across the UK looking to qualify as a JCQ access arrangements assessor. The ETAAC qualification is a UK Level 7 equivalent course accredited by OCN Credit4Learning. It’s a combination of our two most popular courses:
- Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) – British Psychological Society (BPS) verified
- Access Arrangements Training (AAT)
The ETAAC course has been designed and is taught by highly experienced practitioners and expert Educational Psychologists. It guides and develops the learner’s knowledge and skills in specialist assessment, testing and access arrangements.
ETAAC is suitable for:
- Post Primary teachers in the UK
- Post Primary teachers in international schools following the UK curriculum
- Teachers wishing to meet the JCQ criteria to practice as an Access Arrangements Assessor in the UK
What You’ll Learn
- How to competently administer and score different psychometric tests (intelligence and attainment tests)
- What test scores mean and which ones are best to use (standard scores, percentiles, Stens, Stanines, age equivalents)
- Be able to analyse and understand standardised test results in order to make informed decisions and improve outcomes for students/clients
- Can differentiate between good tests and not-so-good tests
- Be able to properly and accurately measure progress in students/clients
- Make better decisions for students/clients based on assessment results
- How to clearly and confidently report test results and their meaning to others
- How to read and understand psychological reports
- How to write psychometric reports for parents and professionals
- How to comply with data protection legislation when conducting psychometric tests
- How to be a confident, competent and effective test user that can make a real difference in your student’s client’s lives
Boost your professional credentials and CV
Become an accredited educational test assessor
Interpret psychometric tests with competence and ease
Communicate test results confidently with parents and professionals
Get Started Now
Self-Paced and Online
Request pricing and Information
The course starts at the very beginning and builds the participants’ skills and knowledge as they progress through the course. The topics covered in the course are:
– An introduction to testing and assessment
– Different kinds of assessment tools and methods
– How to Administer and Score Educational Tests
– Different scoring systems used in testing
– Understanding standard scores including t scores, percentiles, age equivalents, Stens and Stanines and more.
– Reliability and Validity in testing
– Test Standardisation
– Intelligence testing
– Bias and Discrimination in testing
– How to interpret score profiles and how to tell what’s important and what’s not
– Communicating test results to parents, professionals and clients
– Effective Report Writing
– Eight Chapters in Total
– Understand the principles and rationale of access arrangements
– Have a thorough knowledge of the current access arrangements
– Understand and be familiar with the Equality Act and other relevant equality legislation
– Familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations to apply for JCQ access arrangements
– Familiarise yourself with tests used for JCQ access arrangements
– Be able to apply for access arrangements
Eirim is a busy psychology practice based in Dublin, Ireland (www.eirim.ie). Eirim’s team of clinical and educational psychologist have specialised in the area of assessment service (e.g. Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia) and training for over 15 years and are passionate about developing the skills of parents and professionals within the area.
Frequently Asked Questions
The course starts as soon as you enrol. It is a completely self-paced online course so you work through the material at your won pace. You have 12 months to complete the assigned work and gain your qualification.
The AAT course when taken with our Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) leads to a Level 7 Certificate in Educational Testing and Access Arrangements (ETAAC)
Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing
How to Order from Education Elephant
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3
Choose Your Products
Browse our selection of popular assessments and courses in our shop.
Create Your Account
Once you’ve chosen your product or products, enter your details and qualifications to create your account.
Purchase Your Products
After logging in with your approved account, you will be able to purchase products in our shop
*Please note that some tests have restrictions and can only be purchased by those that have suitable testing qualifications.
Education Elephant4 Tips to Manage ADHD in Your Classroom
The following shortlist illustrates specific ways to manage ADHD behaviour in school...
Education ElephantWhat is the Difference Between Dysprax...
Dyspraxia and Dysgraphia can cause similar or overlapping struggles with writing and fine...
Education ElephantIs the Spelling and Grammar Waiver Used...
A study led by Dr Kate James from Éirim: The National Assessment Agency suggests...
Education ElephantWhat Makes a Good Dyslexia Font?
My name is Bob Hext, and I am the Director of my family-run business of 30 years...
Sign Up Now & Receive:
- 5% OFF your first order with us
- Exclusive offers and promotions
- VIP access to new courses, webinars and products